PlayToTV. B.V. (hereinafter referred to as “Ex Machina Group” respects your privacy and processes personal data as a data controller in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”).
- what personal data we collect and how;
- for what purposes and on what grounds we process your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- how your personal data is protected;
- the rights you have as data subject;
- how you can contact Ex Machina Group.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data that we process may include:
- Information such as your first and last name, prefix, title;
- Contact details such as your email address, address, company name and phone number;
- Data related to the device you use to visit our website, such as an IP address;
- Data related to your visit to our website;
- Personal data you provide Ex Machina Group for the purpose of participating on our interactive sessions, attending events and other marketing communications that may be of interest;
- Any other personal data relating to you which you may provide Ex Machina Group or that we may obtain in relation to the purposes and based on grounds set out below.
Ex Machina Group collects this personal data because you provided this data to Ex Machina Group. For example, you may provide data by entering your data on our website or via our apps or when entering into an agreement with Ex Machina Group.
Purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal data
Ex Machina Group may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our services;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For marketing and business development activities, such as news updates, invitations for our interactive sessions, events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To generate statistics regarding the use of the website, apps and/or to analyse and improve the website and/or apps.
We will process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Legitimate interest;
- Your consent.
Sharing with others
Third parties to whom we transfer your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. Ex Machina Group is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. In the case that a third party processes your personal data as a data processor of Ex Machina Group, Ex Machina Group will conclude a processing agreement with such party that meets the requirements set out in the GDPR.
Transfer outside the EU
Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the EU in cases where Ex Machina Group’s service providers are established in a non-EU member state such as Switzerland or the United States. The level of protection in such countries, including the United States, may not be the same as in the EU. Ex Machina Group therefore takes appropriate measures to safeguard your personal data.
Your data may also be stored by third parties outside the EU when use is made of Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. However, as these parties are registered under the terms of the EU-US Privacy Shield, they will comply with the EU privacy legislation.
Ex Machina Group has taken technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. If you have any questions regarding the security of your personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights: under the privacy legislation you have various rights as described below.
- Access: you have the right of access to your personal data. You will receive an overview of your personal data within a month of the date on which we receive your request for access.
- Correction: if your data are incorrect, we will correct them.
- Erasure: you can submit a request to have your personal data erased. The data can be removed only if they are incorrect or no longer relevant.
- Restriction: if you believe that Ex Machina Group is processing your personal data unlawfully or incorrectly, you may restrict this processing.
- Objection: you may object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds of special personal circumstances. In the event of an objection to direct marketing, we will terminate the processing as quickly as possible.
- Portability: You may request transmission of your personal data where the processing is based on consent or a contract with Ex Machina Group.
Questions about this privacy statement or a request concerning the processing of your personal data may be addressed to:
1033 PG Amsterdam
To ensure that we do not disclose the data to the wrong person, we would kindly ask you to identify yourself (for example, by sending a copy of a valid proof of identity) when submitting a request. Please do not forget to render your citizen service number (BSN) illegible and your passport photograph unrecognisable on the copy.
Complaint about the processing of your personal data
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by Ex Machina Group, we will try to resolve the matter with you. If this does not produce the desired result, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the privacy regulator – the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). For this purpose you should contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch only).
The website will make use of so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that the Website stores on your user device.
Cookies used on the website
The website only uses the following cookies and for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies: cookies used to enhance the user friendliness of the website for visitors. For example in case you are over 18 (which is necessary to play a game), this information is stored on the website during your session so you don’t have to provide that information over and over again. The functional cookies of the website that are stored by Ex Machina Group on your computer only remain valid during your session on the website.
- Analytics cookies: Ex Machina Group uses Google Analytics cookies, with the purpose to analyse how visitors use the website. Ex Machina Group can then make improvements to the usability of the website. Google only processes data obtained via the website in an anonymous form. Please visit www.google.com/analytics for more information on Google Analytics.
Changing your settings
By changing the settings in your web browser, you can establish that you will be given notice if a cookie is stored on your computer. By changing settings, you can also establish that your browser does not accept cookies from our website.
Changes to privacy statement
Ex Machina Group is entitled to amend its privacy statement. New versions will always be posted on the website. We recommend that you regularly consult the privacy statement so that you are always aware of any changes.
Date of last change: January 2019
© Ex Machina Group, 2019